Are Words important in relationships?

Relationships are beautiful, sweet and make us all feel like we are not alone. Waking up in the morning to breakfast in bed, catching your partner staring at you in awe while you werent looking, getting thoughtful gifts and grand gestures of love and even waking up apprehensive that you must have over slept but relieved to find that your wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend plugged your devices and theyre all charged. Well, that last one may be peculiar to our clime marred by epileptic power supply but still, you get the point. 




These gestures say I love you in nice, great and not so great actions. And this is beautiful and amazing. Some, if not most people prefer to see love declared through actions that convey care, selflessness and commitment to going the distance. 




However, it is easy to forget that while actions may show love in practice, it is also important to most people that love, care, and commitment are also communicated with words. Relationships of all kinds face challenges at one point or another.




Even the smoothest of relationships gets to the enviable stage where the partners become so familiar to each other that they can almost tell what the other would like, say or think in specific scenarios. This may leave singles witnessing it the love heart eyes but it could also be a delicate stage, where each partner may feel too comfortable and fail to reassure each other of their love for each other, with words.




When you have been in a relationship long, enough to be in the delicate 'comfortable stage' you may be tempted to feel like he/she already knows I love them. I work hard everyday for us. While these actions are great, it is is important to some lovers that their partners express this love with words too. 


It is important to offer these words of reassurance and declaration love to your lover all the time, when you feel it the most and most especially when you feel it the least. After all, love is a choice.




Therefore words can affirm that you choose a person even when you're at loggerheads temporarily. It is of particular importance at certain critical points in a relationship, when lovers may feel less deserving of each other's love or when they may be in doubt - for example, after a fight and you may feel exasperated and frustrated by your partner or outrightly mad and you let them know before storming out - You could send them a reassuring text espressing your love and they would understand that while you may be mad at them, it did not affect how you feel or your relationship. 




Other times could be when your lover went off their way to make a memory or event exceptionally amazing for you. After verbally appreciatiing them, it is also a nice touch to send a short message or poem hours, or days later. 


Words when stringed together honestly and sincerely could make an ordinary day special for lovers. You could take out time between your hectic schedule in the office and just text your wife, letting her know how the thought of her lights up your day and that you wonder how much more it would be when you set your eyes on her. Words like this make the cheek warm and make the toes curl. It brings both nostalgic memories of the younger days of the love and heightens expectations. It basically keeps the love evergreen.




That suppressed smile, warm cheeks and random giggles when your partner stares at their phones and see your message is priceless and worth every word sent.


Not everyone is a poet or a wordsmith, so it could be challenging to express with words and even more when your partner seems particuarly interested in hearing or reading your words. Get this, it doesnt have to be complicated.




You do not need to be Shakespeare or Maya angelou. Just a simple expression of what you truly feel would suffice. Alternatively, you could simply use Google. A simple search like the Best i miss you messages and you would be bombarded with millions of romantic messages. Feel free to go through and make your pick. You can edit them to fit your situation, gender or partner. 


Winks!


Below are 5 of my favorite messages I particularly think convey love at some critical points in a relationship.


1. Make Up Text




While make up sex may be the bomb, you may not always be able to go at it after a fight. After a fight sensitive people could still be resentful and hold grudge or keep malice. If you feel your partner sliding away from you after a fight, This simple swedish proverb could suffice as an apology or make up text.


"Love me when I least deservei it because that's when I really need it."


2. Assurance Text




There are times when your lover may feel a need to be reassured of your love. This is tricky to detect but a rule of thumb is to reassure your lover every chance you get. I particularly do it when I feel a need to be reassured. I just assume my lover will also need my reassurances, so I shoot!


"I'll reach for your hand in the cold of winter, I'll reach for your hand in the heat of summer But if my short life cant reach the dawn of spring I promise, in heaven, I'llreach you with my wings."


3. Commitment Text




What about the early stages of a relationship when you are trying to navigate through the doubts and trials to prove your commitment to the new relationship? You may need messages like this to declare your commitment. 


"Would you believe me if I tell you that I love you so much? Actually, I'd prefer if you don't. Why? So that I can spend the rest of my life pproving to you how much I do"


4. Undying Love




How often do you need to declare Undying love for your lover? I'd say pretty often!


"When I go to heaven and youre not there, Ill wait for you by the golden stair. If


You're not there by judgement day, I know you


went the other way. And to prove my love is true, I'd go to hell to be with you."


5. Missing you




How many ways can a lover actually express this enough? Your guess is as good as mine!


"I miss you when there's no reason to, how much more if there was? I miss you when we talk, how much more if we don't? I miss you after we're together, how much more if I see you never? I love you now, how much more later?"


How often do you send reassuring words of love to your lover?


Share your thoughts in the comments section.




Comments

Fan Favorites