ADA (THE END)


... Her olfactory lobe picked the peculiar smell. She was half awake. It took few seconds for mrs. Francis to remember the reason she was in the hospital. She could make out vague images,of two men standing beside her bed.

"if you can hear us,ma we would like to ask a few questions"

"we're from the state criminal investigation department"

Thick globules rolled down her cheeks as she recounted what she saw last night to the officers. She whimpered as she spoke.

"francis stood naked.his hands on his crotch. He was shaking. I looked down to his crotch and there was blood gushing from what was left of his manhood!"
she blubbered,hands on her head.
After calming down,she continued;

"On the floor beside him,Ada lay,lifeless. Blood running from her nose and-and-"
she wailed uncontrollably.

"Her mouth was open. Inside it i saw-saw- the other half of my husband's prick"

she wailed,as though it was only the prick she would miss.

Ada had received countless blows to the head as mr.francis tried to free his penis from her mouth.

The court convicted Uncle francis and his wife. They didn't make it to prison nevertheless. The incident twisted their mind. They were sent to a psychiatry.

The cops found a letter in Ada's pocket. It was addressed to her parents.

Tears flowed freely as mama Ada held papa Ada. They wept bitterly as the letter was read one last time,before throwing earth into her grave;


mama,papa,

I wake up everyday with strange fluids between my legs. I wash heap of clothes with the pain around my waist and the pounding in my head.

You meant well for me papa,mama, but the man you said i should call 'daddy' comes into my room naked at night and cause me pain. Oh mama,the woman you said would protect me like a mother,called me Akwunah and a witch. For days i spent sleepless nights wondering what i did wrong.

I know not where to go from here. I decide to stay and fight. I don't stand a chance but i know,by the end of this night-dead or alive- papa,mama,i shall be free.

I forgive uncle his, weakness. I forgive aunty,her inaction.please Forgive them too.

i must and shall be free.
If i don't see you again after this night, remember, mama,papa. I love you both. Your love kept me strong here. Your love will keep me strong wherever i go.
I love you mama. I love you papa.
Forever your daughter.

Ada.

Comments

Fan Favorites